About Me

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Service:)

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men.
There is no greater contribution than to help the weak.
There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well--Walter Reuther

So, in church we were challenged to go outside our comfort zone and find
a "new" way to serve. So 4 areas I am working on are Family, Ward, (church)
Community, and world. So, I volunteered at the Shade Tree. This is a safe
place for woman and children who are involved w/domestic violence.
It's cool there is a place they can go and stay up to 2 yrs free. Anyhow I will be
going once a week for 2 hrs. While I was there I fought and choked back my
tears! I realized all these woman are just like you and me! And the children are
just like yours and mine! I love when I feel christ love! He loves us all the same.
What an example he is to me:)

If you read this I pass this challenge to you. Find a "new" way to serve and go out of
your comfort zone or normal ways of service.

-Someone once said, "You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself that you truly give."

1 comment:

Jason & Claire said...

I love this post. I will definitely be taking the challenge. I think Shade Tree is a great one. I used to go there when I was single and I really liked it.

Andrew♥Aubreana♥Alaina

Andrew♥Aubreana♥Alaina