About Me

Friday, December 12, 2008

Recipe

Sorry No Picture BUT it is very Yummy!!!!
Cafe Rio Salad Dressing:
1 cup Mayo
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch mix
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 of a bundle of cilantro stems off
1/2-1 small jalapeno
1 tsp. lime juice
3-4 Tamatillos- remove outer papery skin and cut up. Can find at food for less
1 Garlic glove
Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender

Awesome Bajio Style Chicken:
5 Chicken Breast
1/2 cup Salsa
1 Table Spoon Cumin
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1- 4oz. can Green Chilies
6 oz. Sprite - half a can

Combine all ingredients and put in Crock Pot on Low 5-6 hrs. Last hour remove and  shred and put back in for last hour! 
Serve with:
Flour Tortillas, Lettuce, Cheese, Black Beans, Avocado and any other fixing you like. I like it as a SALAD! The dressing is for the Salad:) No Picture because I ate it But Heather G. said it was Yummy and so did Jen O. And I liked it as well! Besides that it's easy to make! April
 


7 comments:

lisa said...

I love cafe rio! I'll have to try that dressing! :) It looks like you have been having a lot of fun lately, traveling the world!

Linde said...

Yummy, I'm going to give it a try!

jenorme said...

This salad was so yummy. Sheldon and I were fighting over it. Thanks for posting the recipe! I'll paint your frames any day if you'll bring me your yummy creations. :)

P.S. Taylor and Sydney loved their hot chocolate and candy canes last night AND they actually remembered your lesson. Yay, April!!

FrankNApril said...

Jen,
You got yourself a deal!
Hopefully no painting for a while! :) Thanks and Thanks again! April

g said...

I love that dressing! Thanks for the recipe. The chicken sounds awesome, too. And so easy!

Jason & Claire said...

You rock!

Dave & Colleen Wilburn said...

april, I made the dressing, it is smooth and yummy. I just found the recipe for the El Torito's Cilantro dressing and I can hardly wait to make it next.....yummy stuff

Andrew♥Aubreana♥Alaina

Andrew♥Aubreana♥Alaina