About Me

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sauce with a kick

Sauce with a kick to it: I Love it A lot!

2 TbL Spoons of Evoo( Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 1/2 pounds of ground sirloin
1  large onion Finely Chopped
1 Red Bell pepper Finely Chopped
3 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
1 Chipotle Pepper in adobo, Chopped plus 1 TbL. Spoon Sauce ( In can) In spanish section at the store.
2 TBL. Spoons brown Sugar
2 TBL. Spoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Cup Tomato Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste if you want!

In large skillet Med-High heat 2 turns of pan of Evoo, about 2 TBL. spoons. Once hot add the ground sirloin and cook about 4-5 minutes, breaking up as it browns.

Add the onion, Red Pepper, Garlic,Chipotle Pepper and sauce. Stirring ever now and then, for 3-4 minutes, until onions and peppers get a little tender.

In small bowl, combine brown sugar, worcestershire sauce and Tomato sauce. Add the sauce to the skillet and season everything with a little salt and pepper. Bring up to a bubble and simmer until nice and thick, about 3-4 minutes.

Cook pasta- You only need about 1/2 -3/4 of bag but I leave 1/2-3/4  plain so 2 of my kids can put cheese on it! Oh, are they missing out! 

Side Note: I use a little electric chopper to get a fine chop.

Another note: This is a SIMPLE RECIPE!!!! Good-Luck! April





4 comments:

Whitney Jo said...

That sounds way good! I will have to try it, I am looking for new recipes!!!

Brandy said...

I wish I liked to cook as much as you obviously do! You make it sound so fun.

Dave & Colleen Wilburn said...

April it looks great, what an interesting flavor, I will buy some of the can stuff and try this one out. Thanks for another new recipe. My egg rolls were oh so good and easy too.mom
I will have to do the egg rolls for Aubreana some time, I know how she likes the oriental food!mom

Dave & Colleen Wilburn said...

I made this but I put in the whole can of peppers....wow! the funny thing is, David loved it but it had more than a kick it was more like a bomb!!!!LOL....

Andrew♥Aubreana♥Alaina

Andrew♥Aubreana♥Alaina