About Me

Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Orleans


These were the best Oysters ever! They are
at Farmer's Market Restaurant in New Orleans.

Same place... Very yummy Bread Pudding!

Not the same not as good but better picture?

The first night we stayed in New Orleans.
The next two in Biloxi Mississippi and the last
two back in New Orleans. This is my third time
to New Orleans! I love the food & the place.
I liked Mississippi. A bit more mellow! Relaxing!

He said hurry and take the picture.. I said hey
I'm not taking it of you! I'm trying to take it of that
boat! He said o. Well~ Yes, I was taking it of you.
"Katrina" We were able to see some stuff it did!
What a loss for many! We also spoke to people
about that day etc. It was so real to me seeing it and
made me amazed at what people had to go through
and still are going through because of "Katrina". :(

So, Cute with a hat! It's not a horse.
Yes,it is a donkey!

Jackson Square

We had some Beignet's here but the best
ones are at Cafe Du monde.

Have you seen the movie Big??? "Zoltar"

Yes, I did put a dollar in and got my fortune. I
have a few stories from New Orleans. Short version
of 2... I did get my palm read on my first trip..She said
Frank is the one, I will marry him but I had to be patient.
Another was I made a wish at "The wishing Well" in
New Orleans and guess what I wished?? The second time I
went to New Orleans Frank asked me to Marry him! You have to see
the shock of me seeing that wishing well after the fact.(A year or so later)
It is a scary look like ~a careful ~what you ~wish for look!
I am actually a lucky girl! Really I am!

A Priest came up w/this cake recipe. It is At Besh Steak house.
Was good and refreshing!

He likes his Crawdaddy in his soup.

Franks favorite food right here! He will take it
at his last meal he said. He made it once. He can
cook! Yes, he can! This is at Emeril's.

He loves this too! But for me it out wins any
desert I ever have had! Hands down to Emeril.
~You can get it in Las Vegas as well!

More good times to add to the others! We had
a good time and enjoyed to be with one another!
I rate this trip high on my list because we got along
so well! Thanks to my mom for all the fun the kids &
the dog had w/her. Love ya all April

10 comments:

Dara & the Boys said...

FUN! I'm glad you two had a little vacation time, every couple should do that to keep their marriage strong and happy. I would have never thought of New Orleans as a favorite place but all your memories and experiences make me think hummmmm maybe one day :) Frank's pretty romanic isn't he? Love the food pictures, I think your the only one I know that takes so many pictures of food. You make me laugh April!

Dara & the Boys said...

Sorry about your friend. I can't imagine that kind of pain. Your such a good friend April, we'll keep them in our prayers.

Jodi said...

April, I might just have to see the world through your blog! Looks like a great time. It's fun to see the different food you try in your travels.

Ang said...

Glad you & Frank had a nice time together :) I want that dessert!

Autumn said...

Yay! I am so happy that you had so much fun together in a very special place for the two of you! Can't wait to see you this week! <3, Autumn

Jason & Claire said...

Sweet! Yum! Fun!

Stephens Family said...

Love the pictures! I love New Orleans, it is so exciting and crazy. The food is amazing. I am glad you and Frank were able to get away..always good for a marriage right?! Love your blog!

Stephens Family said...

Love the pictures! I love New Orleans, it is so exciting and crazy. The food is amazing. I am glad you and Frank were able to get away..always good for a marriage right?! Love your blog!

FrankNApril said...

Thanks for all the comments! I love to read them and I love reading all of your updates on your blogs! Thanks to all who visit my blog! Love ya April

Geneva said...

what kind of pie is that? It looks so yummy!! You guys know how to have fun.

Andrew♥Aubreana♥Alaina

Andrew♥Aubreana♥Alaina